Thursday, July 7, 2011

Legal battle my toughest innings: Sourav Ganguly

0


Kolkata, June 2 (IANS) Former Indian cricket captain Sourav Ganguly Thursday said his legal battle on allotment of land for his school was the 'toughest innings' of his life.
'Indeed it has been my toughest innings. I have put in lot of money which is all my own. I have been in court for two and half years trying to get the land. It's tough. When it comes to cricket its all about me, how I play and all. But in legal matters you have to depend upon others. Sometimes you get picked for no fault of yours. You have to deal with this in life. Hopefully things will get sorted out,' he said.
The Supreme Court has set aside West Bengal government's decision to allot land in Kolkata's Salt Lake area to Ganguly for setting up a school combining academics with sports. Ganguly was into another legal tangle when Zee Bangla sued him for singing as a host for the Bengali version of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) on another channel.
'All I can say is that I got an order from the court to do this (KBC Bengali version) show which means I have done something right. I thank Zee (Bangla) for allowing me to do 'Dadagiri' for two years. It was fantastic,' said Ganguly on the issue.
'Dadagiri' was a quiz show with Ganguly as its host.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by ThemeShift | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Free Blogger Templates | Best Web Hosting